This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

slow moving computer again [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer is moving slow again, but in a different way. The screen kind of goes gray with the circle going around and around until it times out. When I type, I type a lot faster I guess then it prints. Other times that I can't even describe what it does, I just reboot it and it takes care of it. Right now I have my router plugged in, but it did this before the router. I don't think there is a wrong way to plug in this router anyway, there are only two spots for it. I don't want you to bother yourself with this over the holidays, I just thought I would write you while I think of it. Hope you have a nice Christmas and I will talk to you later.
Hello PattiChati

I’m sorry to hear that your computer is misbehaving again. It may not be malware-related but we’ll have a look and make sure.

Hope you have a nice Christmas

Likewise Patti. I’m afraid that replies will be delayed due to Christmas travelling etc but we can begin by running a couple of scans to make sure there is nothing urgent and see what shows up.

Download and run OTL
  • download OTL to your desktop.
  • double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • click Scan all users.
  • under Custom Scan paste this in


    netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    services.exe
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\*. /rp /s
    DRIVES
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

  • click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won’t take long.
  • when the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
  • you may need two posts to fit them both in.
===================================================

Run aswMBR
  • download aswMBR.exe to your desktop.
  • double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
  • if asked, accept the AVAST virus definition download
  • click the "Scan" button to start scan
  • on completion of the scan click Save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply. Note - do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
Logs to include with next post:

OTL.txt
Extras.txt
aswMBR log


Thanks

Satchfan
Hello Patti I realise that the festive season makes it difficult to reply but please let me know if you still need help as it has been quite a while since you posted your most recent request for help with a new concern about your computer. Satchfan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI