Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Lg optimus v shuts down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lerettic

lerettic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Tech, physical training,

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hi, I have an Lg optimus v, that shuts down normally but does not run out of battery, for instance the battery level will be at 70%, but it will shut down. Im think it is the battery since, it always shuts off at the same level. are there any other suggestion to what it might be.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

I have never really bothered with anything but Nokia, and it's a long time since I did that, but I can try to help, first off is the phone (battery specifically) hot (warmer than normal) when this happens ?

When it shuts down, can you turn it on again without doing anything else like charging it ?

And if you can what is the reported battery level ? is it the same as before the crash ?

I don't know if you can, but if possible can you view any running processes in it ?
I did a search and found the following, please use at your own risk, I have no reason to believe the info is wrong, or will do harm, but not knowing the phone I am always cautious:-

Since Android is a multi-tasking system, let's see what are currently running on my tablet.

Tap on "Settings", "Applications", then "Running services"

Try removing the battery cover (assuming it's accessible) and see if there is any play in the battery, basically see if the battery is loose, this was a common issue on Nokia phones where they had been dropped etc, if it is a bit loose, put a bit of card at the base of it to secure it against the terminals, no need to go crazy packing it out, just comfortably remove the slack if there is any, see if this makes a difference.

Does there seem to be a pattern when the phone does this ? eg after running x ap or something.

Have you rooted the phone ?

Also check the ap store for a battery monitor, Nokia has one, I'm sure you will find similar, install that to get some insight on your battery, and while I think of it, how old is the phone\battery ?

Finally try turning off bluetooth and Wi-Fi (if it has these), see if it happens then.

Braindead