Hi
I have an LG P1 Express Duel Laptop which randomly gets a black screen but mainly occurs with Youtube, gaming or any animations. Closing and opening the lid does not fix the problem nor does removing the battery (read to do that somewhere). There is still audio with the black screen but the computer requires re-booting to restore a viewable screen. I am running XP Professional. Thankyou.
…and the computer freezes randomly too.
Belinda
Have you fixed this problem already?
Sorry you have not received any replies as of yet.
This type of problem can be caused by over-heating, hardware graphics adapter failure, RAM memory failure, CPU problems, operating system corruptions and even conflicts with application software.
I'd start by checking temperatures and inspection to assure that the fan is spinning vigoroursly and air intake and vents are not clogged.
There are several free temperature checking utilities available, here are two old standards: