This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

SKYPE IM/Video problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Paws! I have a problem with skype. I can't communicate with my sister only(the rest contacts are fine).I can talk to her only a few seconds and then the sound disappears and heavy buzz starts. When I try to switch video I always get the message on my computer "can't launch Acer Video quality Enhancement. The other party doesn't have VCM or the network environment is not suitable". The same is with my sister's computer: she can communicate with everyone without any problem except of me. Is this the problem with my computer or her's? :unsure:
no idea really, but have you both tried deleting each other from your contacts then adding each other again? loud buzz or whine in my experience is usually caused by sound feedback, so would suggest you both experiment with lower mic/speaker volumes when talking to each other and see if the problem disappears. :popcorn:
I had a similar problem to this whereby my computer would crash only when I was talking to my parents in France, it turned out we were using different versions of the software. Once we both had the same version the problem stopped - just a thought :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI