lolly
Topic Starter
Hi.
I've been having a bit of a problem with my laptop restarting when it's hibernating. When I finish with my computer for the day, I'll normally just close the lid. This has worked fine for over a year. I have Windows 7, 64-bit.
Very recently, it has started restarting. It always whirs for a while when I shut the lid, turning itself 'off', but sometimes it will keep whirring for a long time and then I'll open the lid and it will appear at the Windows account/signin screen (I have two user accounts on my computer); other times, it'll stop whirring, but when I open it the next day, it has the black screen asking if I want to start it in Safe Mode or if I want to start it normally. This is particularly annoying as it loses the browser windows I had open (and Chrome doesn't save them when this happens
)
Windows is up to date (except one optional update - ATI Technologies - Display). I assumed it might have been a virus. I just ran ESET online scanner (full scan, 8 hours!) and it has not detected any problems. I ran a MWB scan the other day and nothing appeared then either.
I've read a lot of ways of checking what is wrong, but I trust advice on WTT much more than I do some other random site.
Any ideas on what could be causing this? I'm not sure if it is a software issue, a hardware issue or a virus?
It lists the problem event name as BlueScreen. It has other information in the problem signature, but I'm not sure if that is supposed to be uploaded to a forum or not.
I've been having a bit of a problem with my laptop restarting when it's hibernating. When I finish with my computer for the day, I'll normally just close the lid. This has worked fine for over a year. I have Windows 7, 64-bit.
Very recently, it has started restarting. It always whirs for a while when I shut the lid, turning itself 'off', but sometimes it will keep whirring for a long time and then I'll open the lid and it will appear at the Windows account/signin screen (I have two user accounts on my computer); other times, it'll stop whirring, but when I open it the next day, it has the black screen asking if I want to start it in Safe Mode or if I want to start it normally. This is particularly annoying as it loses the browser windows I had open (and Chrome doesn't save them when this happens
Windows is up to date (except one optional update - ATI Technologies - Display). I assumed it might have been a virus. I just ran ESET online scanner (full scan, 8 hours!) and it has not detected any problems. I ran a MWB scan the other day and nothing appeared then either.
I've read a lot of ways of checking what is wrong, but I trust advice on WTT much more than I do some other random site.
Any ideas on what could be causing this? I'm not sure if it is a software issue, a hardware issue or a virus?
It lists the problem event name as BlueScreen. It has other information in the problem signature, but I'm not sure if that is supposed to be uploaded to a forum or not.
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\113012-26332-01.dmp
C:\Users\Laura\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-65473-0.sysdata.xml