Using my XP SP3 machine that has firewire on it to connect to a JVC DVHS Model HM-DH40000U and running a program called PowerDirector 11 Ultra to try and capture onto my PC some over the air HD video I've recorded previously thru my Samsung SIRT-165 Tuner. The recording of the content has worked fine since the get go, basically antenna into the SIRT-165, then firewire between the SIRT and the JVC. The SIRT remote controls the JVC thru the firewire. I had been trying to get my recordings backed up somehow and recently figured I would attempt using my newly purchased PowerDirector 11 Ultra application to be able to save as AVCHD. When I connect the firewire between the computer and the JVC and run the PD11, it sees and identifies the JVC correctly and even executes a "play" command as I can see the green > indicator on the deck, but nothing happens and none of the controls on the PD11 function. In my Hardware Manager, the device shows up as a AV/C device that needs a driver. Attempted to install it as a HDV JVC recorder/player, but that didn't work either… Hoping someone on this forum may have an answer to how I can get this to work… Thanks, Bob