lolly
Topic Starter
This may be a dumb question, but I'm wondering how secure a site like KeepVid.com is?
I used to use it, but then someone mentioned Java can be dodgy. First, it asks you to Run the Java applet. Which I figure is fine.
But then it comes up with a Security Warning saying 'Do you want to run this application?'
[external image: Posted Image]
It was just the 'unrestricted access' that concerned me.
I wonder if it would be better to create a different user account with very restricted abilities and download a Youtube clip on that account? How could I restrict this on Windows 7?
(bolded because my post is a bit rambling and this is the most important bit
)
I should also highlight that these aren't copyrighted videos; it's just that the internet has a habit of failing when I need to present things.
I used to use it, but then someone mentioned Java can be dodgy. First, it asks you to Run the Java applet. Which I figure is fine.
But then it comes up with a Security Warning saying 'Do you want to run this application?'
[external image: Posted Image]
It was just the 'unrestricted access' that concerned me.
I wonder if it would be better to create a different user account with very restricted abilities and download a Youtube clip on that account? How could I restrict this on Windows 7?
(bolded because my post is a bit rambling and this is the most important bit
I should also highlight that these aren't copyrighted videos; it's just that the internet has a habit of failing when I need to present things.