This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Hello Everyone

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello everyone, just happened across What The Tech here and thought it may be some place I could fit in :) I live in South Georgia have been in computers in one aspect or another since 1988. The town I live in at the moment is small i.e. I get to work on a lot of older computers. Have been known to do the occasional computer class on a few different subjects. Not so sure if I am looking forward to Windows 8, though truth be known with the new network protocol coming out desktop access via cloud and a myriad of other things that are coming within the next few years I am starting to get a "Logan's Run" type feel in the air. At any rate, I look forward to getting to meet some new great folks and even help out when I get the opportunity. Thanks, Brad
:welcome: Brad Sounds like you will be able to have some pretty good discussions with the experience you have. Have a good look around and enjoy the forum.
Hello Computer Zoom,

Apparently like you, I have some trepidation regarding Windows 8.
I use my machine(s) more for productivity and content creation than for social and viewing purposes.
Just haven't been able to wrap my head around the Windows 8 platform as being my kind of system.
Plus I'm decidedly cloud phobic.

And, like your occasional experience, I often find myself working to repair "older" machines, often for folks who hope to continue using them and older software as their main systems.

It will be interesting to see what you bring to our forums out of your experience.
And I hope you will find opportunities for learning as well.

Best Regards