This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Malwarebytes won't stay on computer [Solved]

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have downloaded malwarebytes from many different sites.. I have been working with Ken on this. It stays for a couple of days and says trial is over and this time it didn't say anything. Ken suggested I come to this forum to see if you could help out in getting malwarebytes to stay on my computer. Thanks
I have downloaded malwarebytes from many different sites.. I have been working with Ken on this. It stays for a couple of days and says trial is over and this time it didn't say anything. Ken suggested I come to this forum to see if you could help out in getting malwarebytes to stay on my computer. Thanks
I will download it and the square icon will be on the shortcuts. After a day or two that shortcut changes to a box of icons and I get a popup of the right all the time saying the free trial is over and now you have to buy it, even though the places where I am downloading it are all recommended by the techs here and there is never anything said about it being a "free trial". I had malwarebytes for years on my computer and never had a problem.
Hi Patti,

Let's just remove Malwarebytes from your system completely and start anew.

Please do the following:

  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
———-

Now once you have Malwarebytes back on your system, you will have the Free Trial version of Malwarebytes Pro. This should work for about 15 days, but it may be more or less.

Once the Malwarebytes Pro trial expires you will get a pop-up when you open the Malwarebytes program that lets you know that the trial has expired and it will ask you if you want to revert back to the free version or upgrade permanently to the Pro version. If you would like to purchase the paid version you may do so, but if not you can revert back to the free version of Malwarebytes.
📎Capture.JPGYes, I am sorry. I downloaded it and within minutes the normal icon went away and it just gave me this. But it still works and gives me no error message so far. I started a new thread on "changing icon" or something, because I didn't think that part would be your area. I also downloaded spyware blaster and their own icon disappeared almost immediately too, but both still work. Crazy!!!
Hi Patti, I think this might be a problem with your software. I see you are working with one of the techs already. If they find that it may actually be a malware problem we can go from there. :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI