This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

problem with malwarebytes free version

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Not sure where to put this topic. I downloaded malwarebytes free two days ago. Ran it, found a number of cookies, etc. Removed them. Ever since installation I have to manually shut the computer down to access my desktop. It simply hangs on the wallpaper, but won't completely load. It will hang there for 10 minutes or more unless I shut the computer down, wait a minute or so, then turn it back on again. 

I like malwarebytes, and had used it previously. 

Is this some new bug of theirs?

Hi sinnead, Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing after installing the free version of Malwarebytes.

 

It is not usual for this to happen, but it might be worth uninstalling it and then rebooting to see if the problems clears.

 

Failing that, using a system restore point created prior to the installation of MWB or when the problem first happened, may provide a solution.

Post back and let us know how you get on

Regards

paws

Actually I also decided to write the company. They replied and sent me a zip file that delays malwarebytes on startup for 60 seconds, so this evidently has been a problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI