I have used Malwarebytes for years with no incidences. As of late, it starts popping up on the lower right hand side saying trial period is up,. Well, I have had it for years, so what trial.
This board and I cleaned up my machine getting rid of a virus a few weeks ago just so you would know.
I have unintalled it and gone to recommended sites and reinstalled it. Neither site indicated anything about it being a trial version. The malwarebytes would work for a couple of days and then quit and now it only works a day or two after installation and quite. Any ideqs?
Other users have reported the same thing, it may be a glitch in the program, what I would do is to completely uninstall it from your computer and download and install the latest version here http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
The Pro Version offers a Protection Moduale, it will block access to known bad sites, the cost is minimal, a one time small fee and you own the program, no yearly fee, just store your key code and if you should sell this computer you can uninstall it and reinstall it on your new one with the same key code, but this of course is up to you. I currently have 3 systems up and running and have the pro version on all 3, wont go online without it.
I have worked with the tech team on this forum on cleaning up my computer of all viruses, which seems to still be okay,. But I just wanted to say my computer has just started slowing up and this is where it usually starts and then it stalls to a halt. All the websites, not one in particular, takes a little longer to open, things take a little longer to pop up on the screen. I sometimes get where it is so slow, I will turn the computer off and start again. This does help some. I have downloaded pictures, a few photo programs, not much else. I deleted a few programs with the uninstall with the program, and one with revo, but did not do anything when it suggested, with the registry. Now is there something I can do at this point…….to stop whatever is slowing it down…in its tracks. I do run malwarebytes and clean the cache periodically, but that doesn't do much, certainly not as much as when it was first cleaned. I went to a site given to me of programs not to download which was very helpful. I will always check that from now on. That list also suggested downloading Spyware blaster, which I did.
I have been very careful with it, Yahoo is still a pain, but I can deal with that. Just want to know what to do now to prevent it from getting in such a bad way as before. Thanks.
I downloaded the malwarebytes from your link and this one only lasted 1 day. I really don't want to have to pay for a program that I had free since forever. Is there a program as good as malwarebytes that is free? Thanks.
If still a no go , then go to there forum and post, you may have to do a complete uninstall including registry entries, but let them help you with it http://forums.malwarebytes.org/
It did run fun until we worked on it to get rid of the viruses. Ever since then, malwarebytes won't stay on. Is there some place you can on my computer to see if I accidentally got rid of something I shouldn't have?
I have visited your website and read the info. I want to keep my computer clean. Would you suggest me installing all those programs you suggested and running them frequently? I have heard it both ways," too much spyware programs conflict with one another" and "you can-never have enuf safety programs" I don't think I have much of anything. And now my registry will never get clean since I don't use revo or the registry in c Cleaner. Will a full registry slow down your computer or cause problems?.
I tried deleting this post because I remember all of you telling me "one thing at a time", but it won't delete. Just ignore it for now, ok
See if you can uninstall this via Programs and Features in the Control Panel
c:\program files\yontoo
This is what I am concerned about, it could be a trojan or it maybe harmless
c:\windows\system32\qdvd.dll
When were done we can go over what programs to keep and not to keep
You need to enable windows to show all files and folders, instructions Here
Go to VirusTotal and submit this file for analysis, just use the browse feature and then Send File, if it says this file has been checked before, have them recheck it. When the scan is done just copy and paste the link back to this forum for me to see.
Not following you, did you check that file at VirusTotal, when it done checking , copy and past the link from the scan into this thread so I can see it
Is this what you wanted:
[ArcaVir]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[F-Secure Anti-Virus]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[Avast! antivirus]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[G DATA]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[Grisoft AVG Anti-Virus]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[Ikarus]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[Avira AntiVir]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[Kaspersky Anti-Virus]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[Softwin BitDefender]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[Panda Antivirus]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[ClamAV]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[Quick Heal]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[CPsecure]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[Sophos]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[Dr.Web]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[VirusBlokAda VBA32]
2012-09-29 Found nothing
[ESET]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[VirusBuster]
2012-09-30 Found nothing
[Frisk F-Prot Antivirus]
2012-09-29 Found nothing
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI