This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Good site

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi all, Just wanted to say Hello to you all and introduce myself. I am a bit of an old-school nerd with over 20 years in the IT / Software Design realm, with most of that time in the PC Gaming Industry. This site (aside from the cleaver name) seems very informative covering almost every area of what us Nerds love most, and can see that my tech. friends were not wrong when they recommended it. I have been building computers for about 26 years starting with my first, the high-tech next-gen 386 system. Ahh how nostalgic it is to remember back to my first 256 MG HDD in all it’s giant size glory. Weighing the metallic brick of a drive in my hand and thinking WOW look at all the stuff I will be able to save on it and using the new FAT16 FS will allow me to access all that space. The time I got my new 64 bit GPU and thinking “HOT dayam, it is much smaller then the previous tech.!” Well gentlemen we have come a long way in just a couple of decades. I build modern day PCs and realize just how far we have come with GPUs that require fans to cool them linked in SLI mode. The new i7 processor with integrated graphics and viewing the design behind Sandy Bridge blows my mind away to the point I almost lose my glasses! Ty for providing a great site, and I will help answer questions where I can and asking a few as well. Cheers, :D
Hello Wildman, And – :welcome: From your nostalgic account, it appears that you may have similar history in common with many of our members. It may turn out that we can learn from each other. Enjoy browsing and reading around the Forums. Best Regards
:welcome: Wildman I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum. There's lots you can learn here and hopefully be able to contribute also. Have a good look around and make yourself at home.