Software
PDF Splitter
4 min read
GaryORLFC
Topic Starter
Hey everyone,
I'm wondering if anybody knows of any useful PDF Splitters.
I'm looking for one that splits it into files of more than 20mb, and less than 30mb.
If anybody can be of assistance, please let me know.
Thanks!
Digerati
I have never heard of a pdf splitter. I don't see the need for a file splitter dedicated for a specific file type because the type of file does not matter at all. You just need to take a big file, chop it into smaller, more manageable pieces, then put it back together again in the right order.
I don't have a specific splitter to recommend but when you Google file splitter, you can see there are many to choose from.
I don't have a specific splitter to recommend but when you Google file splitter, you can see there are many to choose from.
GaryORLFC
I have never heard of a pdf splitter. I don't see the need for a file splitter dedicated for a specific file type because the type of file does not matter at all. You just need to take a big file, chop it into smaller, more manageable pieces, then put it back together again in the right order.
I don't have a specific splitter to recommend but when you Google file splitter, you can see there are many to choose from.
Hi Digerati,
The reason for myself splitting a PDF file is because I have to send some large PDF files to a certain company, some of these PDF's exceed 100MB, while one PDF file exceeds 220MB. The company I am sending it too have a restriction on e-mails and can't open attachments larger than 30MB, hence the reason for splitting the PDF files.
I have used Google and tried a few PDF splitters but the ones I have used created 200+ files, which isn't good. I want a splitter that creates less than ten files.
Digerati
Do they need to go by email? That's your problem. It would be a lot easier if you simply stuck the files out in the "cloud" then share them with those folks. There are many free services just for sharing large files like this. For example, Microsoft's SkyDrive lets you upload files up to 2Gb and gives you 7Gb total free. Anyone with a browser and Internet access can then download that file - if you give them access.
GaryORLFC
Unfortunately, they requested the PDF files by e-mail. Using SkyDrive would be good but it can't be done in this case.
Digerati
Then I think you need to tell them PDF files are too big for email. And that would be true. You could convert them to the much smaller jpg format, then email them.Unfortunately, they requested the PDF files by e-mail.
Tomk
I run into similar situations with plans and specifications to architects and subs. I don't have a "file splitter" but what I do is…
The .pdf document I want to send is made up of multiple pages. Rather than sending a single file that contains all of the pages… I send multiple files that only contain a portion of the pages. For example… let's say I have a 1000 page set of specifications I want to email. I save, say, the first 200 pages as file #1, pages 201 through 400 as file #2, etc… Then I send the 5 files, each under the size limit. I have run into companies who's systems will reject any email of 10mb or more. To these people I have to send 5 separate emails, each containing one of the files.
For saving the separate files, I open them and then save them into the separate files using PrimoPDF. There are many other .pdf converters that will also work… but I find PrimoPDF quite simple to use. Your mileage may vary.
The .pdf document I want to send is made up of multiple pages. Rather than sending a single file that contains all of the pages… I send multiple files that only contain a portion of the pages. For example… let's say I have a 1000 page set of specifications I want to email. I save, say, the first 200 pages as file #1, pages 201 through 400 as file #2, etc… Then I send the 5 files, each under the size limit. I have run into companies who's systems will reject any email of 10mb or more. To these people I have to send 5 separate emails, each containing one of the files.
For saving the separate files, I open them and then save them into the separate files using PrimoPDF. There are many other .pdf converters that will also work… but I find PrimoPDF quite simple to use. Your mileage may vary.
Digerati
Many ISPs limit size too - uploading and downloading.I have run into companies who's systems will reject any email of 10mb or more.
Ztruker
How about this: HJ-Split Freeware multi-platform file splitters
Many others also available: windows file splitter
As Digerati said, a PDF is just a file so any normal file splitter will work. They key is the receiver needs to be able to put the file back together again so they would probably have to install the same software you use to split it.
Many others also available: windows file splitter
As Digerati said, a PDF is just a file so any normal file splitter will work. They key is the receiver needs to be able to put the file back together again so they would probably have to install the same software you use to split it.
Digerati
Hmmm, even Adobe has a large file sender, but disappointedly, it is not free :(, and the trial version is crippled
with a 100Mb limit.
However, if your client insists on pdf, perhaps you can get them to spring for the paid version for you. See Adobe SendNow.
However, if your client insists on pdf, perhaps you can get them to spring for the paid version for you. See Adobe SendNow.
shinemike
I get a free PDF splitter several days ago. It can help you solve this problem.
Ztruker
Nice find shinemike. I tried it and it works well. GaryORLFC should be happy with it.
Digerati
I like it too - though I don't do much pdf splitting for comparison. I had never heard of Kvisoft at all.
One thing I like (or rather, did not mind) is how it got it's advertising in there for its Flipbook Maker program without being intrusive, or worse, foisting some toolbar or other junk on our systems. One extra "Next" button and no more nagging. 
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI