Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Free Scan to PDF Software that is compatible with an HP 3380 Printer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MikeSA

MikeSA

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:53 AM

Is there a free scan to PDF program that will scan multiple pages when loaded on the automatic document feeder and that is compatible with an HP 3380 Laserjet printer?  Does anyone know?

I have tried NAPS2, Free scan to PDF, rPDFscan, A-PDF, Scan to PDF, Advanced PDF Scan HP Scan & Capture and several other programs but these only seem to work when a single page is loaded on the flatbed glass and not when multiple pages are loaded on the document feeder.  Surprisingly, even Microsoft’s Windows Scan and Fax App in Windows 10 cannot scan to PDF.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Digerati

Digerati

Built, broke, fixed, learned.

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 02 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

Surprisingly, even Microsoft’s Windows Scan and Fax App in Windows 10 cannot scan to PDF.

I don't find that surprising. The program is designed to let you scan docs for faxing. Remember, faxes are "image" files. It is not intended to be use to scan documents into any particular file format that could be edited. If it did, I would expect it would convert the "image" into a format MS Word supports.

That said, you can use Windows Fax and Scan. See this: https://www.wikihow....uments-Into-PDF

kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gif Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────