This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

smart

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have Dell's xps 8300 and when I run Dell's test it says it cannot test the smart feature. A person showed me a site where it indicated I have smart and it is running. I have an attachment that shows the test. Why can smart not betested and whee can I find it?
I would like to answer my own post as I found the answer and in case someone else can benefit from it. Dell upgraded its diagnostic program and when it did and I ran it, SMART appeared and ran successfully. It is a feature that supposedly alerts one to a failing hard drive.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI