This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Smart Patrol

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Everytime I start up my laptop I get… "Smart Patrol has stopped working…" I have searched Google, Yahoo, etc… and can't seem to find a fix, nor do I know what SmartPatrol is… Please see attached screenshot… Thanks to anyone who can help, its driving me crazy! :pullhair:
The fact you don't know what it is makes me wonder if you have an infection, as you say finding info on that name is a dead loss, have you run any scans yet ?
The only suggestion I have ATM is go into the program folder, right click on the program icon and select properties, when that window opens look at the info, check each tab but Details is often the tab you need, hopefully you will be able to find a name of a company or publisher or something that may give more clues, but I will see if the others feel it worth you posting a Hijack scan, but if you can post back with the findings of what I suggested it may help to confirm something.

*edit
Just had a word and they found the following, is it anything you recognise from this ?
http://www.cpssecurity.com/smartpatrol.html
Do you have AddWeb Website Promoter software on your computer? Smartpatrol is a function of the above that monitors your Websites for downtime and notifies you by email if it detects a problem. Hope this helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI