This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

USB mice not working (Laptop)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, slight problem with windows 7 and mice. Windows doesn't seem to be loading the right drivers for either mouse. The laser mouse doesn't seem to be detected at all, and the M525's unifying reciever is being detected as a "USB Bootloader". I've tried some fixes that seems to have worked with others on the internet. Tried a system restore, USB hub/controllers driver uninstall, and a power drain of my laptop with both power cable and battery out. Still no luck. Both work fine when I load up Kbuntu on the same laptop, so it has to be something with Windows 7. Any ideas?
Well, I think my wireless mouse's reviever is busted somehow, not even working on linux now. I suppose I should go buy a new mouse, thanks.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI