Hi,
I was online abt 3 mths ago which you helped me out with some viruses . Since then it has come to my attention that I have had trouble with my cd rom. Previouly I would have to manually load up the disc via "my computer." … ( as I would see the disc symbol) …now I dont see anything when I put the disc in the cd drive .
Pls help
thanks
If the cdrom is not seen in My Computer One of these may help:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
or…
2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Restart computer.
or…
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
Restart computer.
or…
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
5. Go to Microsoft's site http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems and follow the steps.
6. Try the guide at this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 11 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI