Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Audio problems with Itunes, Youtube, etc.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Roman25

Roman25

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hello Techs, I've been getting popping and clicking noises playing songs on Itunes and Real Player. And when playing videos on Youtube. Never used to do that. Has been happening for last 2 months. I have a Compaq Presario SR1630NX. Am running XP. Have 1.43GB of ram. I updated my Audio Driver correctly, I think. (Realtek AC'97 Audio). Doesn' t seem to happen using Windows Media Player. Any help would be appreciated. :unsure:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

First question has to be what has changed at that time ? For it to "suddenly" start doing this usually implies an external cause, it can be numerous things, but this is the first thing to check IMHO, have you installed any new electronic\magnetic kit near the system ? Has the neighbour done similar ? Assuming it had a big enough field it's not impossible to affect through a party wall. Quickest check that comes to mind to see if the location is the problem, is to move the system away from it's current position, if your using separate speakers move them as far away as you can, see if any of this changes anything, if it doesn't then it may be a hardware issue.

Braindead

#3 Roman25

Roman25

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Imoved speakers away from modem,same problem. Neighbors are old ladys, no computers. As best I can remember, my audio problem may have started after I downloaded a music video, and I got a pop up asking me if I wanted to change media player to Realplayer, or Windows Media?? to accomodate the download. I'm reaching here,but could it be something that simple.And I dont know how to change that fomat back. I also ran Spybot a while back, and it found spyware and I deleted what it found. Again I'm reaching. I dont have alot of programs on my computer, just the basics. Being a music lover, the popping is very annoying.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

What OS, XP, Vista or Win 7? Uninstall RealPlayer via Control Panel. Reboot and see if the problem is still there. If it is, open Device Manager, expand Sound section then right click and Uninstall your audio device. Reboot. Windows will rediscover the device and reload the driver, see if that helps.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 Roman25

Roman25

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

I removed Realplayer and the audio device successfully. Windows reinstalled audio device. Still have the same problem. Did some googling, and found that the latest Flash Player (11.3) could cause problems. Which is what I have. Does Flash Player control audio on Youtube videos and Itunes songs? I dont have the audio problem with Windows Media Player,on which I only have songs copied from an original CD. Tried downloading earlier version of FlashPlayer, but wouldnt let me. Appreciate the help, but if not fixable, I could live with it. :blush:

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Yes, flash player controls video and audio from YouTube. I also have version 11 and am not experiencing any problems. What did the Google search results suggest for flash player?

Rich

#7 Roman25

Roman25

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Sorry for delayed response. Re Flashplayer, the Google results suggested I download an earlier version, but when I do so, it halts process and refers me to the recent version. Which I did, but the download was so confusing,I ended up downloading "UMPlayer", which is a media player, similar to Realplayer. But again, prob seems related to Flashplayer, since Windows Media Player has no problems at all.

#8 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Have you tried uninstalling flash then reboot and install the latest version?

Rich

#9 Roman25

Roman25

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

Well...I did uninstall Flashplayer, reboot,and download the latest version, and my audio works fine now. Thank you very much for your help. Just a note for others interested,had to Disable Norton VS to download Flashplayer successfully. After that, everything went smoothly. Thanks again. B)

#10 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

That's good news, thanks for letting me know.

Rich

#11 Roman25

Roman25

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Sure, no problem. Thanks Ztrucker. :D