I'm having trouble with playing youtube videos or netflix video on my computer because the audio sort of "skips" and reverberates for a few seconds every so often, for lack of a better description. It only started happening while we were working on fixing other things in this thread, where you can find more information in the last few pages:
Hi Ztruker!
I'm in safe mode w/networking right now. Went to youtube on Firefox to play Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros' "Home" as the problem is quickly obvious with that music. Tried it in Firefox and "an error occurred". I tried lowering the video quality and it simply would not play then at all.
So I went into Chrome. No audio but the video plays fine - the audio bar down next to my clock on my bar (for the life of me I can't remember the name of what that's called - taskbar?) has an X on it. I clicked on it to try and raise the audio volume level up from nothing to audible and it would not allow that; said I had audio problems, then resolving problems, then that it couldn't resolve the issue. Then a box popped up saying,
"One or more audio service isn't running"
"Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. At least one of these services isn't running."
Did this ever work right?
Try going to your computer manufacturers web site and downloading the latest driver for your Audio, see if that helps.
Please post the make and full model number of your computer.
Yes, it used to work just great; I did not have this problem prior to work done in the Malware thread, which is in my first post so you can see when it started.
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545
Model No. PP41L
Not sure where to go to download the latest driver.
Drivers are available from the Dell support site: support.dell.com
Pick the correct Operating System in the drop down then see what's available.
You could also check Windows Update to see if an optional hardware update is available for your audio.
Did both. Installed drivers, updated, rebooted. Didn't help.
Went to youtube to play and was still having some problems, but Shockwave Flash gave me a pop-up because it was freezing my browser and having me either click "Continue" or "Stop Plugin" - wonder if this has something to do with it? That has been happening as well. Also a pop-up from Norton Antivirus saying High CPU Usage with Adobe.
Click Start, type command. Right click on Command Prompt at the top and select Run as Administrator.
Type sfc /scannow and press Enter
Let it run to completion.
Click Start, type command. Right click on Command Prompt at the top and select Run as Administrator.
Type sfc /scannow and press Enter
Let it run to completion.
Reboot and see if the problem is fixed.
I tried, but it only verified to a certain point, and then I got this message:
"Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"
I mean to say aside from the Shockwave problem it is also Adobe Flash Plugin.
My recommendation is to save (back up) your data and do a Repair Install. Theoretically it will not touch your data and most installed software will still work okay but some, like anti-virus, will need to be reinstalled. You'll also need to reinstall Service Packs and Windows Updates.
If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, or it's not up to the Service Pack level currently installed,you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:
Windows 7 Direct Download Links
Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.
I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.
You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID KEY TO INSTALL THIS .ISO. The one on the COA sticker on your computer will work.
You can also create a bootable USB Flash drive (4GB or larger) to install Windows 7 from.
Download and run Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3
Select Windows 7 from the first drop down list, all the way to the bottom
Select the downloaded Windows 7 iso file
Select your USB flash drive
Click Create
For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI