This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

applications fail to initialize

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My Dell inspiron 1545 laptop with 2G ram running at 2.2GHz on VISTA operating system. While my wife was working on it, it started getting a .NET runtime optimization service has stopped working error. I used repair under programs in the control panel to fix that problem. I then installed the latest service pack and after rebooting when I click on microsoft outlook I get a application failed to initialize properly and will not load. I ran the kaspersky rescue disk and scanned for virus with none found. I also ran superAntispyware program and found 22 ad ware files that I cleaned out, My AOL program also has the application failed to initialize error. Any help would be appreciated.
One day is hardly "not getting any help." In consideration of people's time and effort, proper etiquette would've been to come back here and post that you are receiving help elsewhere so we don't waste our time researching your issue just to find out you have posted elsewhere and are receiving help. If the volunteers here are not providing you help fast enough you should consider taking your computer to a professional who can fix it properly and in a timely fashion…

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI