uchkur
Topic Starter
Hello
anyone tested Windows 8 on a virtual machine(VirtualBox)?
I have came across 2 problems and I don't know if they happen because of the virtual machine or the OS itself.
1st problem:
When you go somewhere else besides the desktop, and you move over the mouse to the bottom left corner of the screen, a little thumbnail of the desktop appears.
But when I move the cursor to the thumbnail to click it, it disappears really fast. You've got to be really, really fast with moving and clicking over it so that it works.
Oh man, I had to move the cursor up a bit so it goes to darkish/grayish background and the thumbnail stays there until I click it
This is not really fixed since sometimes no matter what that darkish/grayish background does NOT appear.
2nd problem:
The pinball fx game. When I tried it, it was really sluggish, and I mean really sluggish it needed like 5 minutes for all the pictures(the company who made it, ESRB rating etc) to pass and I think i exited. Then I thought it's because I don't have the Guest Additions from VirtualBox, installed them and now i can't even start the game. It seems to stop working on the first screen and I'm switched to desktop.
anyone tested Windows 8 on a virtual machine(VirtualBox)?
I have came across 2 problems and I don't know if they happen because of the virtual machine or the OS itself.
1st problem:
When you go somewhere else besides the desktop, and you move over the mouse to the bottom left corner of the screen, a little thumbnail of the desktop appears.
But when I move the cursor to the thumbnail to click it, it disappears really fast. You've got to be really, really fast with moving and clicking over it so that it works.
Oh man, I had to move the cursor up a bit so it goes to darkish/grayish background and the thumbnail stays there until I click it
This is not really fixed since sometimes no matter what that darkish/grayish background does NOT appear.
2nd problem:
The pinball fx game. When I tried it, it was really sluggish, and I mean really sluggish it needed like 5 minutes for all the pictures(the company who made it, ESRB rating etc) to pass and I think i exited. Then I thought it's because I don't have the Guest Additions from VirtualBox, installed them and now i can't even start the game. It seems to stop working on the first screen and I'm switched to desktop.