This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

VM and 2 os's

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I tried VMware several times but the installation failed. I'd like to move past that and am asking if I can install the chrome os on the oracleVM and then install Win 8 on the same vm? If so, is there one I should do first or does that not matter? I hope to be able to explore each on the vm rather than my host pc. Thank you
once you have installed the virtual machine software on your pc, be it vmware or virtualbox, that software creates a "virtual pc" for each operating system you want to install, so yes you can have lots of different operating systems on your system, but no they will not be running on the same "virtual pc", each will have it's own "virtual pc". so one for chrome and another for win 8. after you've created the "virtual pc's" and installed the operating systems, every time you start the virtual machine software after that, you will then get a choice of which "virtual pc" you want to start running. :popcorn:

once you have installed the virtual machine software on your pc, be it vmware or virtualbox,
that software creates a "virtual pc" for each operating system you want to install,
so yes you can have lots of different operating systems on your system,
but no they will not be running on the same "virtual pc", each will have it's own "virtual pc".
so one for chrome and another for win 8.

after you've created and installed the operating systems, every time you start the virtual machine software you will then get a choice of which "virtual pc" you want to start running.

:popcorn:



>>That is an important step; I will create one than the other with Oracle's box as I ran amok with Vmware
Thak you
At one time, I had the following Oracle VM clients installed.

1. DOS 6.1
2. Windows 98SE
3. Windows XP Home
4. Windows XP Professional
5. Ubuntu 8.0
6. Linux Mint 10

With enough resources you can have several of them running at the same time on top of your Windows 7 OS, very cool. Memory is the constraining factor.

Edit: Why did I do this? Just to see if I could!
the question is how many do you want running at the same time ? two is an over kill for my desktop with 4gb ram the computer was totaly Slow so for that i can't run more than 1 at a time

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI