This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Lag Spikes hurting everything I do

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay, this is bugging me. I've been getting random lag spikes since a few days ago. It started up randomly for no reason at all. I haven't touched anything, it just happened, and makes little sense to me. I tried quite a few things to make the internet work up again. All computers in the house are getting the lag spike problem regardless of what on the internet they do. Whether it's browsing sites, watching videos, or playing online games, there's random lag spikes every few seconds. I'm confused as to what made this happen in the first place. Some things I have tried are: Repairing the connection Flushing the DNS through CMD Leaving the modem and router unplugged for a whole night and plugging it back in, in the morning uninstalling the modem and router and having windows relocate it after restarting Anything else, I'm open to. I ran a few tracerts to two sites I commonly use and these were the results: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] © Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp. I:\Documents and Settings\Ryock>tracert google.com Tracing route to google.com [74.125.127.100] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 * * * Request timed out. 2 10 ms 13 ms 11 ms 10.112.0.1 3 27 ms 12 ms 12 ms ip68-2-6-1.ph.ph.cox.net [[removed]] 4 27 ms 12 ms 21 ms [removed] 5 25 ms 27 ms 37 ms langbbrj02-as0.r2.la.cox.net [[removed]] 6 28 ms * 29 ms [removed] 7 63 ms 49 ms 51 ms [removed] 8 52 ms 51 ms 50 ms [removed] 9 56 ms 52 ms 63 ms [removed] 10 59 ms 65 ms 54 ms 216.239.46.18 11 * 52 ms 54 ms pz-in-f100.google.com [74.125.127.100] Trace complete. I:\Documents and Settings\Ryock>tracert iro.ragnarokonline.com Tracing route to iro.ragnarokonline.com [38.144.194.3] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 * * * Request timed out. 2 13 ms 13 ms 15 ms 10.112.0.1 3 11 ms 10 ms 13 ms ip68-2-6-1.ph.ph.cox.net [[removed]] 4 17 ms * 15 ms [removed] 5 30 ms 27 ms 55 ms langbbrj02-as0.r2.la.cox.net [[removed]] 6 27 ms 24 ms 28 ms te7-4.ccr01.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [[removed] ] 7 41 ms 31 ms 27 ms te4-2.ccr01.lax02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.27. 126] 8 39 ms 28 ms 30 ms gi5-2.hc01.lax02.atlas.cogentco.com [[removed] 50] 9 26 ms 62 ms 42 ms Gravity_Interactive.demarc.cogentco.com [38.112. 30.126] 10 28 ms * 29 ms web-iro.gravityus.com [[removed]] Trace complete. All help is greatly appreciated.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI