This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problems Converting AVI/WMV Files to DVD Format

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I was hoping this would be solved by actually buying the software online instead of using the trial version. First, I downloaded the trial version of DVDSanta, and it worked. I converted some of my AVI/WMV files to DVD format, the burned it to a DVD-R to play on my DVD player. I decided to then purchase the complete version, it worked out a couple of times, then all of sudden, after that couple of times, it started acting weird. While doing the conversion, or even before when I tried adding the files onto the screen of the program, a screen would appear on my computer telling me that the program had to shut down (More Info on the screen below). I then thought maybe there was some kind of spyware or adware causing this, so I ran my Spybot, and Ad-aware, got rid of the problems (Some manually). Next, I ran Norton Antivirus, which showed me other problems, but I think I got rid of those by manually deleting them. After running the program repeatedely, restarting my computer a lot in the process, the program still did not work. Next, after getting really annoyed, I downloaded another program: Super DVD Creator 8.5.5. This is the trial version, and the same problem comes up with the screen from my computer telling me that the program has to shut down. So, I am trying to get help to solve this problem of my computer shutting down programs that I would like to run, in order to burn DVD movies from my AVI/WMV files. The information on the shut down screen is: Super DVD Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you wree working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created anb error report that you can send to us. WE will treat the report as confidential and anonymous. To see what data this error report contains, Error Signature AppName: superdvdcreator.exe AppVer: [removed] ModName: xvid.ax ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0003d928 Reporting details: confidentiality information when sending. File included in the report: C:\DOCUME~1\JOHNAT~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\b564_apocopate.txt Here is the HJT Header for my PC: Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 7:58:38 PM, on 11/23/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Thank You very much for your time, and Hopefully someone here can help me with this. ~Johnathon
Hello, Thank You for replying. I have tried to do what some of the links you told me to do. I have downloaded and installed the programs for use, and when trying to use the programs, I still get shut down by my computer, and Microsoft? It opens a window saying a message like it did to all of the other programs I have tried to use:

Avi2Dvd has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you wree working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created anb error report that you can send to us. WE will treat the report as confidential and anonymous.


I don't know if my computer has a bug in it or something, but it is getting really annoying having the programs just shut down. It really is annoying when I don't know what is shutting the programs down while in use.

I hope this isn't too much for you, but I would love to get this problem fixed. Thank You for your time again.

~Johnathon

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI