Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Problems Converting AVI/WMV Files to DVD Format

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vietbui17

vietbui17

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

Hi, I was hoping this would be solved by actually buying the software online instead of using the trial version. First, I downloaded the trial version of DVDSanta, and it worked. I converted some of my AVI/WMV files to DVD format, the burned it to a DVD-R to play on my DVD player. I decided to then purchase the complete version, it worked out a couple of times, then all of sudden, after that couple of times, it started acting weird. While doing the conversion, or even before when I tried adding the files onto the screen of the program, a screen would appear on my computer telling me that the program had to shut down (More Info on the screen below). I then thought maybe there was some kind of spyware or adware causing this, so I ran my Spybot, and Ad-aware, got rid of the problems (Some manually). Next, I ran Norton Antivirus, which showed me other problems, but I think I got rid of those by manually deleting them. After running the program repeatedely, restarting my computer a lot in the process, the program still did not work. Next, after getting really annoyed, I downloaded another program: Super DVD Creator 8.5.5. This is the trial version, and the same problem comes up with the screen from my computer telling me that the program has to shut down. So, I am trying to get help to solve this problem of my computer shutting down programs that I would like to run, in order to burn DVD movies from my AVI/WMV files. The information on the shut down screen is: Super DVD Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you wree working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created anb error report that you can send to us. WE will treat the report as confidential and anonymous. To see what data this error report contains, Error Signature AppName: superdvdcreator.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.0 ModName: xvid.ax ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0003d928 Reporting details: confidentiality information when sending. File included in the report: C:\DOCUME~1\JOHNAT~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\b564_apocopate.txt Here is the HJT Header for my PC: Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 7:58:38 PM, on 11/23/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Thank You very much for your time, and Hopefully someone here can help me with this. ~Johnathon

Edited by vietbui17, 23 November 2005 - 09:00 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:43 PM

hi vietbui17,

not trying to put you off, but i have converted many avi to mpeg, VCD (not DVD) THE place for info/guides/tools is here:

http://www.videohelp.com/

http://www.doom9.org...ml?/asf2avi.htm

http://www.afterdawn.com/index.cfm

shelf life
How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#3 vietbui17

vietbui17

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:46 PM

Hello, Thank You for replying. I have tried to do what some of the links you told me to do. I have downloaded and installed the programs for use, and when trying to use the programs, I still get shut down by my computer, and Microsoft? It opens a window saying a message like it did to all of the other programs I have tried to use:

Avi2Dvd has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you wree working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created anb error report that you can send to us. WE will treat the report as confidential and anonymous.

I don't know if my computer has a bug in it or something, but it is getting really annoying having the programs just shut down. It really is annoying when I don't know what is shutting the programs down while in use.

I hope this isn't too much for you, but I would love to get this problem fixed. Thank You for your time again.

~Johnathon

#4 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:58 AM

looks like a codec problem to me, but iam no expert

heres another forum;
http://www.moviecodec.com/

if you purchased dvdsanta and it no longer works, i would go back to there website for support.

register at one or more of those forums, you should get some help.
How Can I Reduce My Risk?