Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can't receive email from gmail accounts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 punkinsmom

punkinsmom

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Digital scrapbooking, Cocker Spaniels

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

Several of my clients have gmail accounts. My 2003 Server will not deliver these emails. My client receives the following 550 550 5.7.0 Access Denied Is there a setting I can change on my server to allow these emails to come through. My clients tell me my server is the only one that gives them this problem. Thanks for any suggestions Sherrie (Punkinsmom)

Edited by punkinsmom, 16 February 2012 - 12:05 PM.

Sherrie

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

You weren't real specific. I'm assuming you are running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and your server is unable to receive e-mail that is sent from a gmail account? The message your server returns is 550 5.7.0 Access Denied?

This message is caused by connection filtering in Exchange Server blocking the IP address of the sending server. You will need to check your DENY list, or disable connection filtering on your SMTP virtual server.

This article should give you enough information to figure out what you need to adjust:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823866

Take a look at the "exceptions to the connection filter" section.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hi Sherrie,

I saw a few cases of this after a quick Google search. Try creating an adding an SPF record to your domain's DNS configuration.

Regards,

Ax