This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Email account and provider websites blocked

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Help required please. Suddenly I cannot send or receive emails from one of my accounts in Outlook, it tells me that this address is not found in the network. Other mail accounts work ok. I have added or changed nothing and have had this account for years. Also I am unable to open any web pages related to the account provider which is: www.uko2.co.uk but all other web pages open fine. It seems that something has blocked anything related to uko2.co.uk I am running Windows XP Prof, with Outlook 2003 Thank you in advance. Barry A
don't think there's anything wrong at your end, i can't ping or access http://www.uko2.co.uk/ either.

so it's either gone for good or having problems at their end that will get fixed sooner or later and you'll be able to access it again.

:popcorn:
Thanks Terri. I am surprised that their website pages are not accessible/ visible, even if they have a service down, pages don't usually get removed or become un-viewable. I lost the email function yesterday and checked the web pages today looking for a main phone number as their support one is hardly ever attainable and email contact is necessary, they used to have a sales number on the website. Not sure how else I can find out if they have a problem or more worrying for me, if they have stopped operating (that would not explain the web pages vanishing though). My main problem is I run a small business and need email access, most of my emails come in on that address, can't access them by webmail either if their site is unaccessible. All seems a bit odd. Barry A
yes their web pages would be gone if they have stopped operating and taken their servers off line.

they could probably be gotten again from google cache :- http://www.googleguide.com/cached_pages.html but that wouldn't help you with non access to your email account.

will do a bit of googling about uko2.co.uk and see what i can find out for you.

:popcorn:
sorry not having much luck but here's a cached page with some phone numbers on that might help you.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear…lient=firefox-a

:popcorn:

just so you know how to access a cached page from google, all you do is search for whatever you want, then in the results, don't click on the link you want but click on the little down arrow at the end of the url just under link name, and then click "cached" from the box that opens.
Hi BarryA The site is still down so I fear the worst. I tried the telephone support number but that only had an automated response "all operators are busy please email" That does not look good for you. There is another site uko2.com ( but note that is a .com not a .co.uk) so almost ceratinly is nothing to do with the firm you are interested in… Post back and let us know how you are getting on with your enquiries. Regards paws
Terry Thanks for your efforts, but I have had no joy either, so must assume they have gone out of business without any warning. What a bummer! I will just have to divert to another and hope I can still collect my mail held on the server, although I suspect it will be lost with their server. By the way I am not getting the little arrow by the search result URL's, so cannot access the caches you suggested, does that happen on other browsers than IE that I am using? regards BarryA
📎snapshot1.jpeg notice the green "www.uko2.co.uk/‎" under blue headings, there's a little down arrow on the right side, that's what i'm talking about. 📎snapshot2.jpeg click it and this box opens, and you just click on the cached to see the page. far as i know you will see that regardless of browser but can't check with ie because i don't use a windows os. and as for faqs etc listed under top heading, if you clicked on the "more results from uko2.co.uk/‎" line then you would see all those listed with their own urls and cache arrow too. yep sorry to say i think that companies gone for good too, along with any/all your e-mails you never downloaded and backed up. :popcorn:
Oh thanks, I hovered over it instead of clicking it to get cache option…..never knew what that was for as only ever hovered over it. Well I get all my emails delivered directly into my Outlook inbox automatically, so don't have to download them. But yes all those that have arrived since the service was killed two days ago, will be lost with their server. I have now tonight changed to have all mail forwarded to an alternative mail address and am receiving again, except all those sending to me on the .uko2.co.uk address. What is probably worst is all the contacts that have had my '[removed]' address over the years, I can never remember most of them. I am now realising how disasterous this is to lose your mail host, there must be an alternative to this - does anyone know a way to avoid this happening? BarryA
Hi BarryA,

worst is all the contacts that have had my '[removed]' address over the years, I can never remember most of them.


This shouldn't be too serious, as you can email (using another provider) all your contacts using the most up to date of your contacts back up files, and advise them of the email address they should now use.

To avoid your ISP's spam detectors being triggered (by the notification email being addressed to
mulltiple email addresses) it would be best to limit each email to not more than say 40 or so people at a time (in some circumstances you may have to try even fewer) so a little trial and error may be needed.

Unfortunately there is little that one can do if in fact a firm has stopped working for some reason other than making sure that your "fall back" positions are well constructed, tested regularly and are adequate for your requirements.
Regards
paws
Thanks, yes I do a regular back up of all my Outlook files so my contacts lists are safe and they post using my seperate domain email addresses for many of them, so that was just a case of re-directing these to a new use email account - thank goodness! However my many other uses of email are kept seperate from my domain mailing and contacts lists, which was via .uko2.co.uk which I used for all the other stuff, including registrations, organisations, etc of which there are many. These are not held in a contact list and unless I can remember them all, will be lost…….at least until I realise I no longer get contact from them! Taking a more positive view…..it may cut down on some of the junk mail ! Anyway, I am back up and running using my alternative mail address '[removed]' which should be more stable from such a large provider. My backup and fall back positions have proved their worth on this first test, so yes the damage is minor. Many thanks to all that have assisted and taken an interest. Best Wishes and keep up the good work. BarryA
Hello Barry. Bear in mind, if the provider is down your emails are not "lost." They are not actually delivered meaning the sender will receive a non-delivery report indicating that you did not receive the email.

If you want the best suggestion, use an email address created on a domain name that you own. That way, no matter who is hosting the underlying website/email, you own the domain and can take it with you when they disappear. Otherwise, use a large provider like outlook.com, gmail.com, etc. You are going to be pretty safe that way.

Here's a little more information about the domain in question: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/resu…main=uko2.co.uk

Interestingly, it was last updated June 10th.
Thanks Appleoddity Yes I do have a domain based email address for business purposes, but in addition I use another address for all the other stuff in life to keep it clear of my business. For that I used uko2.co.uk for very many years, but have now gone over to outlook.com It's just all the organisations and registrations that have had my uko2.co.uk address over all those years and which are not held in my names contact lists that are lost. I tried to contact Net Margins Ltd that you gave me, they have a house phone number and no one answers. Anyway I have just moved on. Many thanks BarryA
Sarah I assume you mean uko2.co.uk that is working again for you. To be honest, I did have previous issues with them where they were not delivering my emails straight away, people would send me mail and I could track that it was held up with them for sometimes 8 hours or so. They are a small outfit and have no money, so are struggling. I am happier now I have moved to outlook.com (previously Hotmail) as they are vast and will never fail, my mail arrives in seconds. I cannot afford to have issues as I have my business mail diverted through them to my inbox. If uko2 are back running, then you need to ask yourself, how long will it be before the next time they cause issues or fail. It is better to move in a controlled fashion than when disaster strikes………good luck! BarryA

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI