This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't remove: Office 97

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay, I'm using XP and have Office 97 (with original cd). I already have Word and Powerpoint loaded, but I desperately need Excel. But my Office Setup has been corrupted. I try to run the Setup, but I receive the error message "One of the library files needed to run C:Program\Micros\Office\Setup\ACME.EXE is damaged. Please reinstall this application." However, when I go to "Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall, and click "add/remove" Office 97, nothing happens. How am I supposed to add/remove when the only program I have apparently to do that, Setup, has been corrupted? Does anyone know how to fix this? I really would appreciate any help since my accounting hw requires Excel, and I can't afford to buy a new version of office right now. Please help!
hi, look in c:\Program Files for the folder office 97 or maybe microsoft office 97. there may be a uninstaller icon in there.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI