This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Replacement LCD not recognized by laptop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

To start, the laptop (HP) was dropped and the screen cracked. The panel still powered up and showed an image, but was basically useless. Searched online and found a new panel to replace the cracked one. Original part number N156B6-L0B Rev.C2 was sent LTN156AT02-D04. Called to check with the source and they said it would be an exact replacement. Well, tried to plug in the new panel and of course it wouldn't power on. Made sure all the connections were right and tight and tried again, nothing. After searching to find if this is indeed an exact replacement I found nothing. I plugged in the old panel and it powered on, on a whim (not the best action I admit), I unplugged the connection (with the laptop still on) and plugged it into the new panel. The new panel powered up :woot: . My excitement was short lived because once I powered down the laptop and tried to bring it back up The laptop would not recognize the panel and would not turn it on. I have used the method of turning it on with the old one and switching to the new one a couple of times trying to troubleshoot, but have gotten nowhere. I have tried to get the computer to recognize the new hardware, but I guess since it started up using the old driver it doesn't see a problem. Any help on what to do next would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Hi sorry to hear of the screen troubles.. It sounds to me as though the replacejment LCD is not the right one…. as if you fitted it correctly then it should work. Before you send it back it would be wise to connect up an external VDU to your laptop to check that the Video circuit/chip in your laptop are all working Ok … Regards paws
That is an exact replacement. Most of those screens are interchangeable. The new screen is probably bad. Send it back, get another one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI