Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Easy to replace Word and Excel Short Cuts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TaxSleuth

TaxSleuth

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

(Windows XP) I moved the Word 2003 and Excel 2003 Short cuts which used to be under Programs--->Start to the bottom tool bar. They just disappeared a few days ago. A system restore doesn't seem to work. The only way I have found to launch them is to open a Word doc or Excel Spreadsheet on my desktop and then do a file open from there. What's the easiest way to restore these? Charles

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

where on the bottom bar did you place Excel and Word ? For instance, did you place them to the left-bottom <-- if so they may have gone into Quick Start Menu For instance, did you place them to the right-bottom <-- if so they may have gone into the desktop Menu Or if you placed them somewhere else, please tell us specifically. Both "Quick Start, and Desktop Menus" can be made visible by right clicking on Task Bar and placing a checkmark/tick in front of the desired menu
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 TaxSleuth

TaxSleuth

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

That did the trick. I had managed to hide "Quick Launch". I placed a check mark and they re-appeared. Viola! Thank you. Charles

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

You are welcome. See you around the Forum. There's lots to read and learn here. Enjoy
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.