This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Not A Win 32 Application

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I get "not a Win32 Application" when I attempt to use MS Excel. I apparently mucked up something with regards to MS Office. This started when I downloaded the Beta sometime ago. I can open the file from MS Excel, but not off the Desktop. That's when I get the message. Restore doesn't work for fixing it. Would anyone suggest reinstall or a fix? It seems as though something is just not finding the target. Oh. And Thanks in advance for your replies.
Hi Empires,

This is not my expertise. However, as it is Sunday here (OZ) and no one seems to be online to answer your specific inquiry have a look HERE

My other suggestion would be to uninstall MS excell if that is an option and see if that helps.

kind regards,
Thanks for the info. But, no worky… I'll try to remove Excel and reload it. I'll be back. It's just Sunday here and the big game starts today 3pm EST
It appears I'll need to remove all Windows Office, and reload once I clean it up. Any suggestions for a good registry fix or cleaner? One that really works or a good way to reset my registry in my Win XP? Thanks. This place is great.
Uninstalling and re-installing MS Office should be sufficient. Using Registry Cleaners, without expert assistance can cause as many new problems as you may have hoped to solve. There is no "good" automated Registry Cleaner……….. Despite all the ambitious and promising advertisements for them. My recommendation…. Stay away from Registry Cleaners. Best Regards Doug
Understood. I'm thinking this is a wipe and reinstall issue at this point since I tried the add/remove way. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Some good advice. Never download a MS Beta.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI