This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

PUP.Casino [Closed]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I caught and removed a virus called PUP.casino with malwarebytes and ever since I restarted my computer to finish the removal I can no longer access the internet in my browsers and my anti-virus is malfunctioning. I don't know what to do if I am unable to download any programs from the computer. Any ideas?
Update: Well now I am almost certain the virus is gone but now I am in a deeper pickle. I followed advice from an old post to delete the Winsock and Winsock2 regs which apparently only applied to XP and not Windows 7. Now I am unable to get the WInsock reg back and my computer cannot find/connect to my internet. I have tried the netsh commands and WinsockFix.exe to reset the winsock but it cannot locate the Winsock file. Is a repair install of Windows 7 the only option at this point?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI