This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cannot Uninstall Gaming Shell Software

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thanks to the curiosity of a nephew, I have a gaming shell named "Playersonly.com Casino" which I cannot uninstall.

Oddly, it is not visible in Windows (XP SP3) Control Panel > Add or Remove, despite having an icon at Start>All Programs>Playersonly,com Casino, folder address C:\Program Files\Playersonly.com Casino. I'm requesting information/assistance for the best way to manually uninstall this software. I have contacted the PlayersOnly support desk but received no useful information.

I read your Malware Removal Guide and downloaded the recommended software to my desktop. As this is a (potentially) malicious software program that I wish to extract from my system, I was unsure whether to proceed with your protocol for identifying and removing malware. My real-time security is as follows:
* Prevx v3.0.1.65
* Eset NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.672.0
* Windows Firewall

Windows XP SP3, Mozilla Firefox Browser v3.6, and the above 3 security utilities are up to date; no intrusions reported.

Thank you for your valuable time.
More than annoying, these sites are interested in attracting you in, but not showing you a way out. Have a look in your Start - All Programs list Start > All Programs > PlayersOnly Poker > Uninstall PlayersOnly Poker ________________________________ You will also want to clear your Temporary Internet Files and Cookies IE - Tools - Internet Options - (on the General(tab) ) - Browsing history "Delete temporary files, history, cookies, saved passwords and web information - (click)DELETE
That's the bedeviling thing. There is no Start > All Programs > PlayersOnly Poker > Uninstall PlayersOnly Poker icon in my All Programs list. Or in my case, an "Uninstall Playersonly.com Casino" icon. I got the same clue you offered from the internet and the support desk at whatever company owns PlayersOnly. That's why I'm looking for instruction as to how to uninstall it manually. As mentioned, the shell is somehow blinded both to Windows > Control Panel > Add or Remove and to Revo Uninstaller Pro. That's why I self-described it as malicious. I can't get rid of it!

Oh Doug, I almost forgot. Thanks much for taking the time to write. I sincerely appreciate it.

- MWA
Is it possible that the application has already been uninstalled or portions already deleted? For instance, if you see some reference to Playersonly.com, laying there in your C:\Program Files\ , that may simply be some garbage remnants left over after uninstall of a poorly written application. On the other hand, if Playersonly.com is actively intruding without your intent, and/or you are surprised to see Playersonly.com material (links, icons, or full displays) being displayed on your screen, then Playersonly.com may still be an executable application or portions of an executable applications may remain. And some or all may be listed in your StartUp menu to be executed any time you turn on your machine or any time you open a browser to the internet. So what's to be done? 1. It is possible that if you post your Topic to the Infections Removal Forum, that you will be instructed to run and post results from various scanning tools that may or may not provide evidence of what/where Playersonly.com is residing/hiding on your machine's system. The Infections Removal specialist may offer instructions for removal, or may declare that your machine has no signs/symptoms of malicious infection, and refer you back here to this Forum for further help with uninstall/removal. (If referred back here, our Techs could then benefit from the additional information generated by the scan logs.) 2. You could pursue a "down and dirty" type of removal procedure. First, back up your Registry and save the backup copy to an easily remembered location. Next, manually create a fresh Restore Point. Then search Registry for instances of Playersonly or Playersonly.com Remove the specific related Registry item(s) Close Registry editor and reboot your machine. Without registry reference, it is highly unlikely that Playersonly or Playersonly.com will display on your screen. Run your machine normally for a few days. If Playersonly.com doesn't appear…. problem solved. "If you wish" you can then go to C:\Program Files and remove the Playersonly.com folder. When doing this "removal" it is best to simply "move" the folder to some other location. Maybe create a location such as C:\Moved Playersonly folder. That way, if Playersonly is an "insidious" application which has intruded into other computer features, you can move it back to deal with those other features. For instance, Sometimes insidious applications create their own "mock printer driver" Sometimes insidious applications create their own "mock optical device emulator" I doubt it in this case, but have seen it in others. What's my advice? I prefer Option #1 because it may generate additional information that could help better define the situation. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI