This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Horribly infected

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am trying to help a friend. His computer is badly infected. On the internet he gets no stop anti-virus popups. I downloaded hijackthis, but it won't run. I tried to download and run malwarebytes, no luck. I tried to run it in safe mode, but it won't load. I am at a loss as to what to do next, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hello

Welcome to the Whatthetech Malware Removal Forum,

All advice given by anyone volunteering here, is taken at your own risk.
While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen.



Please download RootRepeal one of these locations and save it to your desktop
Here
Here
Here
  • Open [external image: Posted Image] on your desktop.
  • Click the [external image: Posted Image] tab.
  • Click the [external image: Posted Image] button.
  • Check just these boxes:
  • [external image: Posted Image]
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:, and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the [external image: Posted Image] button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your post.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI