Hello.
My computer, a HP Pavilion Vista x64 triple processor computer does not load windows, or anything ,for the matter, if I boot or attempt to turn it on. Previously, I was receiving BSODs ranging from "memory management" to "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". As I cannot access the said computer as of now, I will try and provide as much of its specs as possible.
It runs on a OEM motherboard with a Phoenix technologies BIOS and NVIDIA GeForce graphics system. The only driver updates installed were NVIDIA graphics driver chipsets that a helper from another site linked me to. Now, not only is my computer not accessible, it seems as if it cannot load windows up. I am also aware that the lights to my keyboard and monitor that usually light up when my CPU is powered on shows no signs of light (monitor works fine, it's a tv screen integrated with my CPU) . Also, I noticed that a set of blinking orange lights that are located right next to the power button on the desktop is not blinking. If any additional info is required, please let me know.
I have files that another tech sites host made me run, but I am not sure if I can link said site to on this post. The link holds a thread in which I had previously run some system evaluations and verifications for my computer.
Open the side of the computer. When you press the power button does anything at all happen? Do the fans start spinning? If not then you probably have a defective power supply.
Fans turn on, CPU still doesn't load anything. Prior to this , the computer crashed with some weird vertical yellow white lines at the blue boot screen ( where F10, F9, and such are available).
Not sure if I am allowed to provide a link to another site that contains some diagnostics and tests from my computer.
the beeb code you mentioned in that topic relates to a memory failure, so that would be where i'd start, taking the proper anti-static precautions, with the power turned off and disconnected remove all sticks of memory from the motherboard, then insert just 1 stick and see if the pc will start up, try them all 1 at a time and with any luck the pc will boot no problems except with the 1 bad stick of memory.
Hey, the removal of the memory sticks will have to wait til tomorrow, but my computer just booted after removing and plugging back the power chord. Will report if anything goes wrong! Thanks for your help!
Screen crashes usually after I reach my desktoP now but jut now I got to the screen before windows loads and there were a ton of these weird white bulb looking things blinking in random vertical lines.