This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Issue on booting up

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

PC is only 6 weeks old and when I boot up in the morning it gets to the `enter password` and it appears to be loading up (blank screen) but just hangs there. If I shut down and reboot it opens ok and accepts the password and then opens my desktop. Once it has booted up it is ok for the rest of the day.

Apart from that the PC appears to be working ok with no other issues.

I have had the logs checked out for malware (link below) and all appears ok and they have referred me to this section.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…mp;#entry760625
to be honest if the pc is only 6 weeks old i'd take it back and get a replacement(even if there might be nothing seriously wrong with it) just to be safe, any problems now(not virus related) doesn't really look good for future problem free use in my opinion. :popcorn:
I have to physically switch off and then reboot. Strangely enough it booted ok this morning. As it only happens with the first boot in the morning its difficult to `test` I am going to boot in the coming mornings under `quest` and see if it relates to just my user name. I`ll give it a week and then decide what to do. I will post back here of the outcome.
Hi Scudo, I agree with Terry 100% With a practically brand new machine it should be faultless If this were mine then it would be straight back without delay to the vendor with a request for one that works! Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI