This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Microsoft Office Click to run 2010

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Is it a good idea to remove this if you can locate the removal tool? I found a site by Ikkerus that says the original removal tool was not working. The tool then was removed by M.S. Ikkerus has a tool that removes this disc but I have no idea what it is for, what harm or good removal would do and the size of it since it does not indicate this in add/remove. One person reported that his Word docs disappeared when he ran the tool. Becaue it is in Computer of my Win 7 x 64 as a disc I would like to know what I am doing before I get involved. It appears locked and I don'rt know why it is there. Thank you Peter

Why would you want to remove it (it's not malware)?



Because I did not know what it is, I did not know if I should have it in the pc.
I can't figure out from browsing whether it should be removed from the average user's machine or whether it is somthing for advanced users that mught complicate things for me.
Guess I'll leave it unless I hear otherwise.
Something odd just happened.I hovered my cusor over the M.S. click to run and the title of the icon changed from that to just local disc Q. In propeties it said zero to bytes anywhere.. It is next to the C disc so it is a disc. I have seen the directoins for removal but they remove the Office suite. In add/remove the click to run is an entry by itself under the Office entry. What is happening?

Peter, don't know if you've seen this or not. It tells you what the Q: disk is: An overview of Microsoft Office Click-to-Run for Office 2010. If it were my computer I'd get rid of it. I don't like stuff that is forced on me. I don't see any harm in it but I dislike the concept.


I do agree with Rich ("if it was my computer"), but when it comes to Windows 7 or things installed on it there are lots of things I would remove or turn off and have already done so ("I don't like stuff that is forced on me"), but I better not (publicly) open that can of worms :rofl:

What I am finally getting rid of, is this piece of junk I have that is (laughingly) called a keyboard which is an integral part of W7 (and my XP). I am so sick of typos, doubbble characters, sticking keys and editing!

Decisions, decisions: Rubber mounted keys, mechanical or the typist's favorite,buckling spring?
I think mechanical, but based on what key type mechanism? Cherry MX blue, brown or black? All different feel and sound.
Thermaltake MEKA G1, Steelseries 6G V2, a Das model, a Filco or there is even a mechanical keyboard with my wifes name called a "Zoe". It's a retched bossiness is PC land :lol:

Cheers.
Lee

Peter, don't know if you've seen this or not. It tells you what the Q: disk is: An overview of Microsoft Office Click-to-Run for Office 2010. If it were my computer I'd get rid of it. I don't like stuff that is forced on me. I don't see any harm in it but I dislike the concept.



>>I very much agree. Last night I called M.S. who was going to have me uninstall Office. I asked to uninstall just click to run as it is an entry by itself just under Office. He said to try and it worked. All of office works and the Q is gone.
Whether it is good or bad, I hate having these forced upon me and maybe enough poeople will give M.S. the hint. to oil the machine and not force their ways upon us. Enough of that intrusive attitude prevails as it is.
They are saying they are smarter than you and know what is best for you.
Thank you, Z.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI