This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

PC not detecting scanner

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Out of the blue my PC fails to recognise my scanner. This is a combined printer/scanner. The print function seems OK but when I try to scan I get a message 'PC is unable to detect scanner or camera' This was working fine for several months but this problem has come right out of the blue. The printer/scanner is an HP Deskjet 2050 J510 series and I use Windows XP. All USB leads are connected and I have tried reinstalling via the original CD but without success Can anyone nudge me in the right direction. Thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI