This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

USB printer not recognized

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello everyone! :wavey: I have had problems getting my computer to recognize my printer. I have all of the software loaded, and the printer lights up but its not listed as having a connection. The printer is HP Photosmart C3140 All-In-One, and I have XP Home. I have tried all of the obvious…but nothing.
1. Unplug it from the computer.
2. Uninstall if listed in Add/Remove programs
3. Insert the CD that came with the printer and follow the instructions.
Don't plug the printer USB cable in until you are asked to by the software.

If that still doesn't work, try a different USB port.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI