Hi,
I have tried a number of strategies including Uniblue registry booster, and running Spybot. However, I am still sometimes having trouble with slow response time for programs I use, even on first start up, or sometimes later during the day. I have run a HiJackThis scan and generated a log. If there is someone who can help to interpret the results I would be very grateful.
I have tried to upload the HJT log, but failed. I tried to upload a MS Word doc with the same info but also failed. How can I get you the log?
thanks
Brigitte
My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
I have tried to upload the HJT log, but failed. I tried to upload a MS Word doc with the same info but also failed. How can I get you the log?
You don't upload it. You copy the information and paste it here in your thread.
I'd actually prefer a different log than HJT. Please run and post both of the logs produced by this program: (I know the instructions say to upload the attach.txt… but just go ahead and copy/paste it also)
Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
When done, DDS.txt will open.
After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and the click UPLOAD.
Hi Tomk,
Thank you so very much for offering to help me with this. I'll have to take some time to download the other programs. I have just tried to post the HJT log here but can't seem to be able to 'reply'. I keep getting a message from Blair saying I have an old version of HJT and need to download a new version. I'm getting a bit concerned! How do I know you guys are giving me legit information. I don't know what the programs are that you have asked me to download… :
How do I know you guys are giving me legit information.
Honestly… I guess you don't. If I ask you to do something that sounds hokey to you, I suggest that you question me so that you can achieve some level of comfort.
DDS (as well as HJT) is a diagnostic tool. It will produce logs for me to look at - but it will make no changes to your system.