This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

"Bootmgr is missing"

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Good day, Hello Guys, I'm currently having trouble with my windows 7 desktop. My uncle and I use teamviewer to clean my pc and help me to back up my files. And he gave me some files through team viewer which isnt affect my computer at all. But one program he passed is so slow so he told me to download crack files in the internet. I forgot the whole name but I remember its Easus something. Then I restarted my computer and the screen said "BOOTMGR is missing" press ctrl+alt+del to restart. it keeps showing. I searched all over the internet, and they said i need to insert the disk of windows 7, which is misplaced and my father cant remember where he put it. My uncle told me to download this file LINK REMOVED Im not sure what is it but he said that one will fix it. I want to ask how to solve this problem. Thank you in advance. I'm using our notebook right now. Happy Halloween :)
My only recommendation would be to restore your computer to it's factory installed state then restore your data and reinstall programs. Sorry but we can not support anyone who uses illegal (cracked in your case) software.
Thank you, I dont really agree with my uncles idea so i will keep searching the Windows 7 CD. I have one more question. We dont have back up files, and if we found the CD and repair it, does all my computer files will be deleted?
Vince128

I have one more question. We don't have back up files, and if we found the CD and repair it, does all my computer files will be deleted?

If you "Restore to Factory" as set out by Ztruker then Yes all will be deleted….that's why folks are advised to always back up….
I will add only one comment to Ztruker's excellent advice and that is to avoid peer to peer file sharing (P2P file sharing) and torrents and never use "cracked" or otherwise improperly licenced applications, Programs, or Operating Systems.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI