terry1966
Discussion
Can computers read any memory card?
13 min read
leader2
Thanks for that guys. I really appreciate your help and you guys have really been informative.
I know these questions are more casual and frienndly, but I hope you guys don't mind me asking them in this thread.
As you know we have Barack Obama as our president over here in America. I'm curious to know exaclty what you guys thought of him and his fame before the election when he was being all hyped up and what your think now that he's been in office for a while and the honeymoon period has worn off.
Me personally I think he's an interesting person and orator, but I never thought he would be the savior he was thought to be (Some literally seemed to think he'd be a Saviour like Jesus) and am not impressed at all by his presidency. However I'd be hard pressed the next president will make the economy rebound like it did when Clinton was in office.
But British royalty has interested me since 1997 when the Princess of Wales passed. I've always wondered how it would be if America went back to a monarchy and if things would be, better, worse or the same. What do you guys think?
Also what do you think of the current Royal family? Especially Charles, William, Kate and the Queen. Do you think there are too many scandals? Are you embarrased by the scandals? Would you prefer a repbulic? A democracy like the US. Please tell me what you guys think.
Sorry for all the questions.
I was wondering what you guys thought and wanted know a litle about your feelings outside this forum. 
paws
I''ll leave Terry to answer all the difficult ones!
There is one question I can answer though!
it didn't work……
and old Ollie Cromwell got his "marching orders!"
Regards
paws
There is one question I can answer though!
The folks over here in the UK tried that a few hundred years ago…..Would you prefer a repbulic?
Regards
paws
terry1966
obama? before the election i thought the devil himself was a better choice than bush for america and world peace, so any idiot would do , after the election i thought obama(never really heard of him before) was and still is the best leader the americans have had for years, it's just a pity you americans don't seem to appreciate him as much as i think the rest of the world does.
yes america is in financial difficulties(and it has nothing,or very little, to do with obama, he was left the mess) but i don't think anybody could have done a better job or given the people the instant fix they expect. i also think obama could of done a much better job so far if only he was given a little bit of help and co-operation that these troubled times need.
i hope he gets a second term in office because i still think he is america's most honest and integral(is that the right word?) candidate and the probably the best leader america and the world could have at this time.(not that america seems to care what the rest of the world thinks about it anyway. an over inflated self esteem issue i believe if i'm honest, and i try to be all times. yes i do have some very good american friends and have nothing against americans, but that's just been my perception of america's politics/policies in recent times.)
america will always be a democracy(a good thing too in my opinion) and having a royal family wouldn't help it in the slightest.
i love our royal family and believe we should always be ruled by one, yes they hold the ultimate power (supposedly, even tho they won't/can't really use it to say become a dictatorship) but all they are really is just a tradition, it's a tradition i think the people enjoy tho and gives great pride to such a small country.(i must admit the loss of privacy/greater news coverage has greatly diminished the mysticism behind our royalty, but i still wouldn't swap them for any other leadership/figurehead in the world.)
scandals?? i guess that would depend on if you believe what you read in the papers and what you consider a scandal.. me personally i don't think there are any scandals.
they are royal yes, lawbreakers no, so where is the scandal? just like any other human on the planet,(royal, richer and more scrutinized than most) they do things that they enjoy, if that means going out nightclubbing(maybe making a fool of oneself, i know i've made a fool of myself many a time) or doing whatever, then why shouldn't they? life is for living so shouldn't they live it to the full, like everyone else? there's only one rule to live by and that's try and be happy while doing no harm to others(intentionally) on your way to the grave and whatever you believe comes after, royal or not, that's what i say.

leader2
Thanks for you guys' answers.
To terry I have nothing personal against Obama, I just didn't believe the hype and wished he hadn't been hyped so much. No one, not him or anyone for that matter could have lived up to that impossible hype. He has done the best he could, but the hype built him up to be the Saviour he never could be for the economy. I personally think it will take a very long time and maybe at least 2 or 3 more terms before we see the economy dare reach what it did in the Clinton era. PLease feel free to comment more on this if you can.
I am also curious to see what you guys think of Michelle Obama. She seems to be nice, but just not as interesting as Obama to me. And what did you think about the so called "photo op" she did at Target? I lol-ed big time.
I find the royals interesting and am rooting for QEII to make it past Queen Victoria's record reign on the throne (nearly 64 years!) in 2015. Are you guys rooting for her to beat the record and do you think she'll make it?
What do you think of Charles and do you think he will ever be KIng? I get the the impression that some Britons find him a bit boring. Is that true or is just me?
And what do you think about Will and Kate? Are they living up to the hype and what kind of KIng and Queen do you think they will be?
I have so many questions for you guys I know, but you can send some my way if you'd like I will try to answer them. 
leader2
Thanks for you guys' answers. 
To terry I have nothing personal against Obama, I just didn't believe the hype and wished he hadn't been hyped so much. No one, not him or anyone for that matter could have lived up to that impossible hype. He has done the best he could, but the hype built him up to be the Saviour he never could be for the economy. I personally think it will take a very long time and maybe at least 2 or 3 more terms before we see the economy dare reach what it did in the Clinton era. PLease feel free to comment more on this if you can.
I am also curious to see what you guys think of Michelle Obama. She seems to be nice, but just not as interesting as Obama to me. And what did you think about the so called "photo op" she did at Target? I lol-ed big time.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20113611-503544.htm
I find the royals interesting and am rooting for QEII to make it past Queen Victoria's record reign on the throne (nearly 64 years!) in 2015. Are you guys rooting for her to beat the record and do you think she'll make it?
What do you think of Charles and do you think he will ever be KIng? I get the the impression that some Britons find him a bit boring. Is that true or is just me?
And what do you think about Will and Kate? Are they living up to the hype and what kind of KIng and Queen do you think they will be?
I have so many questions for you guys I know, but you can send some my way if you'd like I will try to answer them.
To terry I have nothing personal against Obama, I just didn't believe the hype and wished he hadn't been hyped so much. No one, not him or anyone for that matter could have lived up to that impossible hype. He has done the best he could, but the hype built him up to be the Saviour he never could be for the economy. I personally think it will take a very long time and maybe at least 2 or 3 more terms before we see the economy dare reach what it did in the Clinton era. PLease feel free to comment more on this if you can.
I am also curious to see what you guys think of Michelle Obama. She seems to be nice, but just not as interesting as Obama to me. And what did you think about the so called "photo op" she did at Target? I lol-ed big time.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20113611-503544.htm
I find the royals interesting and am rooting for QEII to make it past Queen Victoria's record reign on the throne (nearly 64 years!) in 2015. Are you guys rooting for her to beat the record and do you think she'll make it?
What do you think of Charles and do you think he will ever be KIng? I get the the impression that some Britons find him a bit boring. Is that true or is just me?
And what do you think about Will and Kate? Are they living up to the hype and what kind of KIng and Queen do you think they will be?
I have so many questions for you guys I know, but you can send some my way if you'd like I will try to answer them.
terry1966
i don't mind answering your questions but to be honest i don't really keep upto date with the latest news/gossip(rarely to never watch tv news or read any newspaper anymore.) and have no real interest in politics or the latest gossip, so many of my opinions now are based on how i feel about a topic(or a quick google search) and not on any real understanding or facts on the issues..
michelle obama, kate and will all seem like nice people to me, and yes i think if the queen has a long and happy life still to come(give wills a bit more time to experience life before taking on the responsibilities), then i think i'd prefer wills to be king instead of charles.(probably because i don't really like camilla.) but everything would carry on as normal if charles did become king.

leader2
Thanks for your reply terry. I wasn't trying to gossip and I didn't know how much or little you knew. I was just asking because since you are British I figured you knew more about the royals than I did and might have some opinion about them.
As for Obama I figured you must have heard of them too and might have had an opinion. I'm sorry if you can't offer any more, but thanks so much for chatting with me the way you and paws did in this thread. I really enjoyed your conversation and I appreciated help, time and friendship. 