This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Unable to connect despite saying I have a connection.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My issue is quite confusing. I recently had a virus on my computer, and according to the instructions I took, my computer is clear of it now. However, I still have a problem that existed while I had it. My computer says that I have a connection to my wired network, yet I am unable to connect to the internet. I know that my ethernet cable is not the problem. Also, whenever I connect to any other ports on the router, it says I do not have an internet connection. The port isn't the problem, though, as I was able to connect my laptop to the internet using the same cable plugged into the same port. I am unsure of any details other than that, so any help would be appreciated.
Neonal18, malware infections can be quite burdensome - changing many different components and settings of your operating system. As you may have discovered, removal of a virus is only a small step in declaring your computer "clean." Its also quite possible the malware isn't actually "clear."

Please post your request for help in the Malware Removal Forum where they will sort out your problems. We are unable to help you in this area of the forum because you are still dealing with a malware infection.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI