This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Vista will not recognise epson ticket printer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi.I hope someone can help.I have an Epson TM-T88iiiP ticket printer which i have been using successfully for about 7 yrs with a laptop computer running XP and using a parallel cable from the printer to a USB to connect to laptop.My computer has now failed and now i have another laptop running Vista.I was able to install APD4 driver.The problem that i have is that vista will not recognise the printer when i try to add printer.Any ideas?Thanks,Phil
You were last running the printer on XP so you now need the correct driver for it for Vista before it will be recognized. I don't know what a APD4 driver is, but are you sure that driver is for your machine and Vista? Cheers, Lee EDIT: I can find no drivers on the web whatsoever for this 7yr. old printer I can't even find it listed at Epson support..
You have to register to access that site (?) Whatever the site recommended it does not seem to work or the printer should be recognized. Have you gone to device manager to see if the hardware is there with a Yellow tag, or not showing at all? Start / right-click My Computer / manage / device manager. Cheers, Lee
It doesnt show at all in device manager. When it is plugged in a message shows at the bottom task bar "USB device not recognised" I have connected other printers by usb and there is no problem. Could it be that vista is not compatable with a parallel to usb connection? Also the Epson TM T88iii is showing in the printers section of control panel along with the other printers that i have used. Phil

I have connected other printers by usb and there is no problem.
Could it be that vista is not compatable with a parallel to usb connection?


I suspect that you may not have installed the drivers for your Parallel to USB converter…..? the trouble is most of them like the Belkin ones are OK for OS up to Win XP but there are no drivers readily available for later OS like Vista and 7
I have not carried out an extensive search for drivers for the parallel to USB converter cables as I normally advise my cutomers to get a USB printer and only use the old parallel printer on older operating systems.
NOTE it is the driver you need for the parallel to USB adapter cable that I am referring to…. not the ordinary printer driver for the printer(although you will need one of these as well….)

These converters are old technology but as you have found can be jolly useful.
Sorry I cannot be of more help
regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI