Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Lost IE Connection in Mid-Post to WTT Forum!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elizabeth Clare

Elizabeth Clare

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:IT, Science, Theology, Performing Arts, Physiology, Psychology, Inner/Family/Community/World Peace, Health and Prosperity

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

:( and :angry: Last night while answering Monday Madness, I spent thoughtful time creating thoughtful answer to submit of which I was very proud. I previewed my post, as per usual, and it looked good. I entered "Reply" to finalize post. Instead of showing me my finalized post, I was informed that my IE8 connection was lost. So were the connections for all household computers. (I'm on a PC, then there are 2 laptops which share connection.) We were not able to connect until this morning after an "unplug and reboot" session. Any chance my "previewed" post is stored somewhere that it could be retrieved? Everytime I create a thoughtful post which requires time to create on the forum, it always gets lost. It seems to happen mostly when it takes me time to compose a thoughtful answer. Is this usual? What can I do about this? :pullhair: cc: What The Heck; Monday Madness
Yours newly in Technology,
ELIZABETH CLARE
Proud WTT Member

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:47 AM

Hi Elizabeth, Yes its very annoying when it happens...but usually when its gone..... its gone. Some folks compose their forum responses using a dedicated bit of software designed for the purpose, others use notepad or a word processor and then copy and paste in their completed words of wisdom.....some products will allow auto save so everything is saved every n minutes.... I usually do a mixture of both so I get the worst of both worlds! Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Elizabeth Clare

Elizabeth Clare

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:IT, Science, Theology, Performing Arts, Physiology, Psychology, Inner/Family/Community/World Peace, Health and Prosperity

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Thanks so much for your words of wisdom & encouragement, paws!!
Yours newly in Technology,
ELIZABETH CLARE
Proud WTT Member