This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Lost IE Connection in Mid-Post to WTT Forum!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:( and :angry: Last night while answering Monday Madness, I spent thoughtful time creating thoughtful answer to submit of which I was very proud. I previewed my post, as per usual, and it looked good. I entered "Reply" to finalize post. Instead of showing me my finalized post, I was informed that my IE8 connection was lost. So were the connections for all household computers. (I'm on a PC, then there are 2 laptops which share connection.) We were not able to connect until this morning after an "unplug and reboot" session. Any chance my "previewed" post is stored somewhere that it could be retrieved? Everytime I create a thoughtful post which requires time to create on the forum, it always gets lost. It seems to happen mostly when it takes me time to compose a thoughtful answer. Is this usual? What can I do about this? :pullhair: cc: What The Heck; Monday Madness
Hi Elizabeth, Yes its very annoying when it happens…but usually when its gone….. its gone. Some folks compose their forum responses using a dedicated bit of software designed for the purpose, others use notepad or a word processor and then copy and paste in their completed words of wisdom…..some products will allow auto save so everything is saved every n minutes…. I usually do a mixture of both so I get the worst of both worlds! Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI