This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem with Firefox

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently downloaded Firefox, and love it! However, today I had a power outage while viewing my email. When power came back on, I tried to view a link in an email(safe site), and mozilla opened, said it couldn't display the page, then I got an error message about a corrupt file in Mozilla. I didn't have enough time to copy the message. Then, I went onto a forum I'm an active member on, tried to post, and couldn't. I could access the reply box, but when I try to post, or even preview the message, nothing happens. At all. It just stays on the recently typed message. I have no idea how to reset Mozilla, and a reboot didn't help. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks! *Edited to add* evidently I can still post through IE7!
Tried downloading it again, and nothing. Also- my search engine isn't working in it, although I can get into and read in my bookmarked sites. It's almost like I'm half locked out of it, as weird as that sounds. It works fine for the other user on the computer(hubby), it's just mine! Oh, and by the way? No idea how to create a new profile in FF, lol!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI