Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE8 crashes with event type BEX in specific scenarios

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

I am not sure if I am posting this issue in this category correctly but please guide me to correct category if it is not correct.

I am using QTP (a tool for automation testing) on Windows7 professional and IE8. QTP has different add-ins for testing different technologies: like ActiveX,Silverlight etc
The issue is only happening if QTP is launched with ActiveX and Silverlight add-ins both loaded.

The issue is:

When I try to open specific page in the web application that for which I need to create the script in IE8 while QTP is running (with ActiveX and Silverlight add-ins both loaded), the page crashes and problem event type is BEX (if that helps). Now, I tried this after disabling add-ons one by one and I find that the culprit is Microsoft Silverlight add-on in IE8. Can anyone please help in this?

It is also happening if I try to open http://www.msn.com while QTP is opened (with ActiveX and Silverlight add-ins both loaded).

Advertisements

Register to Remove