Hello
My Flip camera's software program opened with an error that there was a problem with 'clip'.
I could do nothing with the screen- it was frozen..
The Flip tech advised me to either rename the Flip folder in the video folder Flipsahre1 intead of Flipshare, or remove the folder(s) from C:>users>video>Flip.
They said pictures may have been removed or two other complicated things could have happened.
I am trying to not messup the registry and do the best thing. I don't know what good renaming the folder does except that it probably changes the database in the registry so the program will work. It seems removing the corruption is better than adding a folder.
I don't know if system restore or best known configuration would have helped. I also have an image of the hard drive.
My question is this; of the options I have, which is the best?
I already removed the two folders and installed the new program and it is running well but want to make sure I am doing the right thing b/c I know this will happen again.
I do not have enough understanding of this type of issue to make the best choice.
Thank you
Peter
System Restore will not help as these are not system files/folders.
Best option (least impact) is to rename the directory and see what happens. If it makes no difference then rename it back.
What about uninstalling and reinstalling the software?
Restoring from your backup image (depending on when it was created)?
I forgot to say we did uninstall and reinstall the program to no avail.
You mention imaging which I will do if it happens again.
First = flipshare, renamed to flipshare1. Failed. If I rename back do I rename the first or 2nd one and what do I call it?
What does renamimg do to get the porgram to work?
I resolved it by removing the folders - is there a drawback to doing this?
If the above is too time consuming I will image next time. I always do a system image with Acronis so shoud I recover the whole disc or just find the program and recover it?
Renaming the directory probably causes the program to create a new one (my guess). That did not seem to help so I don't understand why deleting them did, but you can't argue with success.
I think restoring via Acronis is a good last choice, but really need to figure out what is causing the problem. I'm not familiar with the software but maybe they have a forum you can work in?
Renaming the directory probably causes the program to create a new one (my guess). That did not seem to help so I don't understand why deleting them did, but you can't argue with success.
I think restoring via Acronis is a good last choice, but really need to figure out what is causing the problem. I'm not familiar with the software but maybe they have a forum you can work in?
I persued it and you are right in that once you rename the old folder a new one will be created for you or you will be asked to create a new one. Support did not appreciate nmy persisting but tat least the question is answered. You put a good bug in my head with the forum idea.
Altho it did not work and removal did, perhaps I did not reboot when I should or any number of thngs coud have occured. I agree that Acronis is a good last choice.
Thanx again
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI