This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Restore Points

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I may have not been looking in the right places, so I ask the question here. A few of our youths go ahold of the church's laptop and one decided to install some sort of app from his phone into MS Office 2010 and decided to change the projector settings in windows. Well now everything we try to do shows up on the big screen in a small box like if you can call it 4x3 format. Before they messed with it I had it set up using power point and what not it was showing up in full screen, our screen I think is like or rough guessing 10x10. But now is showing up in the screen like 4x4, not taking up the whole screen anymore. Win7 home Prem. Toshiba Satellite L505 MS Office 2010 So the question is and this is where I could not get answers to, if I restore back to a point before the kids messing with it, would it set everything back to where it was and remove the app they also installed and or setting they messed with? Jimbo1
It should but the only way to find out is to do it. You could create a new restore point as the computer is now, then restore it and see what happens. If problems, restore to the new one you created.

It should but the only way to find out is to do it. You could create a new restore point as the computer is now, then restore it and see what happens. If problems, restore to the new one you created.


Thanks Rich I just did and same thing, :( o well back to drawing board to see if I can make these changes back to normal of doing this, trying to play around with the video settings and messing around with settings in office. If not then 2 things Factory restore of laptop and re-install MS office and create a admin account and make a user account limited.

Thanks for the input tho, it was worth a shot, now just a little leg work on my part again.

Jimbo1
Doesn't Office have a Repair function? If so give it a try, or even install it over itself and see what happens. Surely you have a backup of the laptop :rofl:

Doesn't Office have a Repair function? If so give it a try, or even install it over itself and see what happens.

Surely you have a backup of the laptop :rofl:


Not sure I look into that today, as for a backup no, only person who was using it in the church was me, until. somehow they got the keys to get it out of the office to use for a Youth Rally.

If I find out about the backup I post it for you.

Jimbo1
Rich I found this as you have suggested and posted it here for or if in case anyone else may have a need for this, I ran it and it found some errors with Office and done restore back to it's factory default setting.

Here is the link,

http://helpdeskgeek.com/office-tips/repair…ft-office-2010/

I ran office again and it was back to normal of the power point stuff, but I also found that they have messed with the projector settings, once I got that back to where it was, all was ok and now PP showing up in full screen on the big screen. Whew that saved me some time and now the computer is set up that if they get their paws on it again, they can only log in as visitors, any add ons or what not they will be prompted to contact me.

Jimbo1
Well done jimmy, it looks like you have done it all very successfully
thanks also for posting the link

incidentally you posted this:

get their paws on it


Well if they had done what they did at my church, I would have stood over them until they fixed it themselves….. dragged their parents in as well if necessary……

old paws can be mighty imtimidating persuasive when he wants to be…..
:woot:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI