My Sony Vaio VPCEB11FX will not start up.
2 min read
My Sony Vaio VPCEB11FX will not start up. The power light turns on and then right off again.?
I need a new power jack it is loose and I think a metal part fell out of it. , but the battery has power and the charging light will turn on. Before it quit, the boot screen came up with an option I have not seen and I pressed enter. I'm not sure what it said. I just automatically hit enter thinking it was Windows didn't close properly prompt, it turned on but wasn't loading so I turned it off again and on same screen came up so I chose the second option (again can't remember what the prompt was) and it will not turn on at all now. Any suggestions? Thanks
hiya Yankeesgirl,
Sorry to hear about your problems,
A faulty power jack being loose and a piece of metal falling out cannot be a good thing and it could cause a possible short in the system, if I were you I would bring it to a PC repair shop to have the jack replace to insure protection of your machine, anytime that you are messing around with electrical connections can be a hazard and possible risk to you and your house.
This should be a priority for you to do as soon as possible, and if at the shop when the tech is finished will or should start the machine up to test the system and then the tech can fix the other problem, they should anyway.
Jimmy
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI